The College Tuition Benefit®
College Tuition Benefit® makes it possible for our benefit partners to provide participants' and policy holders' children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews with guaranteed college scholarships at almost 40% of the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, NAICU, thereby addressing American families number one financial and lifestyle concern.
Almost 40% of the National Association of Independent Colleges & Universities participate in our program and on average we add 25 new colleges each year to our college network. It is important to understand why colleges participate. Colleges currently have the following problems:
- 2008 was the peak of 18 year olds. There are fewer and fewer 18 year olds in the U.S. for the foreseeable future
- Colleges pay a lot of money to college testing services for names of college-interested students. Colleges do not have access to this information until students are in 11th grade, and the only information available to them is name and address
- Colleges spend over $7,000 in recruiting costs for every student who matriculates
- The College Tuition Benefit® addresses these problems in the following way:
- Our student list is free to participating colleges starting in 9th grade
- Colleges are interested in students from our database because they come from working families, who are thinking about, and planning early, for college. When you screen students on that basis you find:
- Students have higher grades and test scores
- 63% go to private colleges
- Students graduate in 4.2 years versus the national average of 6.2 years
- Families provide $43 of giving for every dollar received from the general population.
For the complete list of Participating Colleges & Universities, click here